Monday, April 5, 2010

Qing Ming

My parents and I went back to Ipoh last Monday. It's our annual trip during this time of the year, to go back to a temple in Ipoh to pray to my late grandfather. This trip, my siblings did not come along as they had school. So I had the WHOLE BACK SEAT TO MYSELF!

We had breakfast at a shop in Bidor, which apparently serves great duck noodles. I had my usual "tung gu kai see meen". Try reading it in Cantonese :P

After breakfast, we headed straight to Ipoh, to my aunt's shop, to pick up the things for offering and prayers. Head straight to the temple right after that.

Here's the entrance :

And the many toilet signs to fill up my blog post :

The toilet here is considerably clean! :)

Clean toilets are awesome! :)

After offering food, joss sticks, and burning boxes containing essential items made of paper for the dead, we went to the back of the temple where there's a little pond. It's a tortoise pond but over the years, the number of tortoise declines as well as the hygiene and water level of the pond.

When I was little, there were lots and lots of tortoise. Big ones, small ones, hungry ones, snobbish ones. We would feed them kangkung bought outside the temple.

The main entrance of the temple :

After stopping at Tapah for tea, we head home after the long day. Got back at around 5p.m.

hugs and kisses
Y

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers