The incident that led to me typing out this blog post is a supposed day-trip to Morib. We were talking about it yesterday afternoon in the car about switching my piano class's schedule so that we could go on a day trip. I remember announcing that I have plans for tomorrow (Wednesday) and so if we were to go on that trip, it has to be on Thursday. Later at night, just before I was about to turn down the lights and head to bed, my brother told me that dear daddy told him to wake up at 7 a.m. to go to Morib the next day. Shocked and stunned, I didn't bother much because technically my dad didn't say anything to me, so I decided to ignore what my brother said.
I woke up at 9.30 a.m, and went downstairs for breakfast. My dad asked me why I woke up late and that we couldn't go to Morib already because it was late. I voiced out my thoughts to my sister, who woke up at 11.30a.m.
Here's a comparison on what my parents would do in a similar situation:
Mom : Confirm with everyone, the night before on the destination, wake-up call and estimated time of arrival. The next morning, knock on all bedroom doors, turn off the air conditioner and proceeds to do her own thing.
Dad: No formal announcement whatsoever, no confirmation on day, date and destination, waits till everyone wakes up late, and grouchily announce that we will not be going anywhere that day. Also, ignores everyone for the day, no small talk whatsoever.
I like how my mom handle these things, organized and timely. In short, she gets things done properly. I like it when I can get things done in an organized manner. It meant no wasted time, effort and strength.
I could go on and on and on about their habits which irritated me to no end. I realised that the older I am, the harder it is for me to live with them. Don't get me wrong. It doesn't mean that I don't love them, or won't care for them. And I totally understand that as a family, misunderstandings, temper and differences are all part and parcel of living together as a family. It's the part during problems like this, misunderstanding, and miscommunication, that is hard to live by. Maybe it's because we know each other inside out that we tend to focus more on their weaknesses and bad habits. I don't know.
Give me courage, give me strength.
hugs and kisses, Y





No comments:
Post a Comment