Monday, April 26, 2010

It goes around in a circle.

In life, sometimes we help others, sometimes others help us. Sometimes we take advantage of others, sometimes we got taken advantage of.

Of course, when we help others, we don't expect anything from them. It's just like borrowing your Popular Card to a stranger, just so she could have a 10% discount on her goods, and not expecting a bar of candies to be handed back together with the Popular Card. I'm not expecting big, drastic changes when we help someone. But, I was hoping, secretly that that someone I helped would treat me a little more special, a little more kind, with a tiny pinch of gratitude, looking at me with awe, like I've just saved their life. Because I know I did, in my little way.

Living with parents, we naturally took them for granted. Somehow or rather, we expect them to do things for us, with the tagline that it's their responsibility. We could scream at them, push them away, do all sort of things that may hurt them because we know, at the end of the day, they'll still be there for us no matter what. And that's comforting to know. Same goes with all types of relationships. Of course, we would rather take advantage of others instead of the other way round. Who wouldn't? But the fact remains that as much as we couldn't help taking advantage of the other person, expecting them to perform tasks, and expecting a whole lot in return, we had caused hurt to the person we take advantage of. Yes, we have that sense of security and comfort, knowing that they're always there no matter how far you try to push them away. But still, no matter who, and no matter for what reason, we should not take advantage of our love ones because at the end of the day, we ourselves know how bad it was, how angry we were, or how sad it is when got taken advantage of.

hugs and kisses, Y

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers