Typical PMS symptoms are as below:
- Breast swelling and tenderness
- Acne
- Bloating and weight gain
- Pain- headache or joints pain
- Food cravings
- Irritability, mood swings, crying spells, depression(http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/premenstrualsyndrome.html)
Okay, so I've got all the symptoms. And I've gain 0.5 kilogrammes the last time I checked though I couldn't be certain whether it's due to excessive water or my food intake.
Food cravings? Definitely.
Just had lunch with CL and he claims he couldn't finish the plate of char kuey teow and ultimately had to force himself to finish it while I look at him thinking "Are you sure you can't finish it?" and gave him the weird stare. Because I can and did finish it. Despite the fact that I skipped breakfast this morning, I really did have food cravings these few days. Did I mention I heart ice-creams? :D
Note: All of the following excerpts are from HubPages.com, (http://hubpages.com/hub/Irritable-Male-Syndrome---The-Male-Version-of-PMS)
***************************************************************
Irritable Male Syndrome - Male's version of Premenstrual Syndrome
Well, ladies, it's finally happened...and we've only ourselves to blame. After decades of telling our men that we wanted them to be more sensitive to our needs, sharing our favorite hair stylists with them, convincing them that there was absolutely nothing wrong with being manicured, pedicured and waxed, they've taken the final step and gotten their own syndrome.
Unlike our own beloved and much maligned, PMS, however, IMS (Irritable Male Syndrome) is not confined to a single week of the month. Without treatment, it's more like having PMS 24/7 without the gratifying chocolate binge and overwhelming urge to cry during sentimental television commercials. Yes, I know...it sounds horrible, doesn't it? At least if we're caught piggying an entire pint of Häagen-Dazs, we have the luxury of blaming it on hormones even if we claimed the same excuse just the previous week. No sane man would dare question it.
- Depression
- Irritability
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Flushes & Sweats
- Fatigue
- Weight Gain
- Decreased Bone Mass
- Insomnia
- Decreased Muscle Mass
- Decreased Libido
- Irrational Jealousy
- Forgetfulness
- Moodiness
- Suicidal thoughts
There's even a Quiz about this at this link http://www.theirritablemale.com/quiz.htm
Seems like Men do not have it easy too, do they? LOL
Still, I don't know if IMS is actually recognized or anything, but it does explains many things ;)
hugs and kisses Y





No comments:
Post a Comment