Sunday, January 17, 2010

Inauguration of Buddha Rupa

Woke up at 6am today and head over to BUBS to witness the inauguration of the Buddha statue. It's a rare opportunity that I get to witness this ceremony and a great opportunity to learn more so I went there early with an excited albeit tired state of mind. The whole process today which includes Dana Offering and Blessing of the White String was eye-opening. Later, Ajahn Sumedho gave a brief Dhamma Talk. He is approximately 76 years old this year and still manages to give a Dhamma Talk with a sense of humour. No photographs were allowed to be taken but this is a picture of him taken from lifebalance.org

A biography of him is also available on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajahn_Sumedho) which suprises me although I shouldn't be as he is indeed a very wise and well known Ajahn.

Got a white string which is part of the long string used to tie around the Buddha statue at UBV. So I'll be wearing the 2 strings on my right hand the next time you see me :)

Might be going for the next Dhamma Talk on tuesday night!

hugs and kisses Y

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers