Saturday, March 31, 2012

Week 12

Had a very difficult and frustrating practical last Friday, on the Determination of Vitamin A in chicken egg. My group members and I were very lost at how to prepare the column for column chromatography and we spent quite some time seeking clarification from the lecturer. After being able to start the column, the sample and solutions were run through the column, collected and prepped for absorbance reading.

We got mixed messages from different groups, whether to dilute both the sample and the retinal sample or just the retinal sample. We changed our sample twice, and to make matters worse, we couldn't find anymore ethanol absorbance solution to blank our spectrometer. Another thing that happened was that our cuvette got broken while cleaning it. To cut the story short, the cuvette isn't any ordinary cuvette and it costs a bomb to replace it.

During the 15% ethanol wait

***********************************************************************************
On another note, I'm in love with this pair of 3 straps shoe! It's classy, elegant and can be worn with almost everything!

♥♥♥

Paired with dresses, shorts, jeans or skirt, it looks amazing for a casual outing or a formal event

Where can I get these from?

Andrea

1 comment:

EeLynn said...

I understand your pain. Chromatography is really frustrating. You have to elute the column, put in the sample, elute it again, collect and repeat, or something like that.
I hope you got the results you wanted/needed. Extraction is even more frustrating.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers