Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Carpark

The following excerpt is taken from SRC's blog:
"Carpark, Damages
Hi guys,

Faculty's decision is RM 2 per entry with regard to the carpark. I believe it will start in september. We will be announcing it again when our second quarterly report is ready.

Now, I understand you are frustrated, maybe even angry reading this. But there will be times in life where we can't have it our way.

Us, as SRC, as your voice, will sometimes lose the case. We cannot win every battle. As a student myself, I too understand that per entry fees are inconvenient and troublesome. But this is the faculty's decision, and as students and future professionals we have to graciously accept that, yes?

When we go around with the Q2 quarterly report, we will make mention of the reasons we were given, but because our promise is to keep you informed, I'll do so for you here, and kindly pass on the information to those who need it.

I say to you honestly, we have tried and tried. We have asked for free parking. Unfortunately, faculty has been planning on charging since even before our SRC 10/11 took up office.

So then the next question we asked, likely the one you're thinking in your head now, "If you planned on charging for it, why keep it free for all these months? Why tell us now?"

Their decision however, was final. And they asked for students to be mature in thinking and accept it.

I think that as frustrating as this may seem for all of us, we should not take it in a negative light and be angry. Instead, we should try to stay optimistic about what other changes we can bring about.

Then the next question, as I'm sure all of you are asking as well, is this: "Where do we park if there's not enough space?"

Faculty then encourages you to park at BJ stadium carpark.

We have brought down their parking fee from RM3 to RM2, but dear students, I'm afraid that that's the maximum we can do in this issue....... "

Frankly, I don't mind paying RM2 per entry if I am guaranteed a spot to park my car safely while I attend lectures. The key word is Safe. By safe, I mean:
(a) Safe from being scratched by other cars.
(b) Able to get out of the parking lot without scratching / hitting / waiting for the driver whose vehicle is blocking yours truly.
(c) When I get back from lectures, my car will still be where I left it.

We've already been fighting for parking space, and making us pay RM2 per entry doesn't really deter us from fighting for a parking space does it? The point is, there isn't enough parking space up there. With that said, there are a few solutions now:

(1) Use public transport - Get a lift from parent, friend, or taxi to the Kelana Jaya LRT station, switch line to reach Sri Petaling LRT Station, and walk from LRT station to campus.
Time taken : 1 hour and 10 minutes
(2) Stay at Vista - Considering
(3) Park at BJ Stadium - Might need to hire bodyguards
(4) Continue fighting for parking space at the open car park - Leave home at 6.45am to reach there by 8.00am everyday.


The debate is still on.


hugs and kisses

2 comments:

May Zin, Teng said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
May Zin, Teng said...

life sucks... (sometimes) :P

Daisypath Anniversary tickers