Booo! Say HELLO to Cookie Monster! :D

Had practical exam today, and skipped TWO lectures today; Functional Groups and Acid Base Titration, and a CAL session on Basic Calculation. No class tomorrow, but I'm going to have to revise what I've missed out.
Piano Practical was OK. I hope to get a merit distinction pass. Basically, the exam consists of FOUR different parts.
(a) Scales - If I am not mistaken, I played ONE melodic minor scale, ONE major, and ONE with staccato. The examiner was pretty kind and didn't ask me any A flat/G# minor scales and I feel pretty relieved. Then, I played ONE scale a third apart and ONE on contrary motion. Followed by ONE scale in thirds and ONE staccato in sixths. After another ONE chromatic scale and ONE chromatic scale in contrary motion, followed by ONE arppegios in root position and ONE in 1st inversion and finally ONE in dominant seventh and ONE in diminished seventh, I was finally done with scales. Bet you didn't even read the whole paragraph. LOL.
(b) Exam Pieces - Had to play THREE exam pieces in total, of which I chose A1, B3 and C3. A1 was okay but lacked expression. B3 was and still is my favourite among the three. I think I did a good job there. C3 was terribly played. It's my least favourite song, and its notes are all detached from each other. It was dreadful playing it. I am glad I made it through the whole five pages of it. *Phew*
(c) Aural - Aural consists of FOUR parts: Part A requires me to sing the lower part of a phrase. Part B requires me to sing the upper part of a phrase. Part C requires me to tell if the cadence was perfect, imperfect or interrupted, and the to name the cadences. Part D requires me to listen to a song, answer the questions on the structure of the song and the style and period of the song, and why I thought so. Then, I have to clap the rhythm of a phrase and tell the meter of the phrase. The only part I think I did okay is Part B. The others are screwed up.
(d) Sight Playing - Examiner gave me a song titled "Twilight". How coincident. I managed to find my way through the entire piece, but let me just say that it was just a blank song. There was no expression whatsoever, no rhythmic counting. It was a bare song.






No comments:
Post a Comment