Sunday, August 9, 2009

Precious Children Home

My group members and I went to Precious Children Home yesterday. Woke up early, drove to IMU, and board the bus. Had fun taking pictures and singing songs in the bus with friends :D

ND109! :D


Vandalism *tsk tsk*



Hari ini Kurasa Bahagia.mp3 - Francis Yeoh

I love this song. It's a Christian song, but Grace changed the lyrics,and replaced "Jesus" to "kita" to suit people of different religion :D

Hari ini ku rasa bahagia
Berkumpul bersama saudara semua
Tuhan kita telah satukan kita
Tanpa memandang di antara kita

Begandingan tangan dalam kasih
Dalam satu hati
Berjalan dalam terang kasih Tuhan

Chorus:
Kau saudaraku
Kau sahabatku
Tiada yang dapat memisahkan kita
(x2)






This is Gabriel. Eileen and I were the Jie Jie of Natalie, a 14 year old teenage girl. She might have thought that we were just doing kids games and at one point refused to cooperate with us. We understand that she had a hard time and tried to make small talks with her but her facial expressions just betrayed her :( Elaine was goos with her though, and I felt hopeless instantly as she tried to make her smile. During origami session, I sat beside Natalie and Gabriel. He wasn't my actual "baby" but we bonded easily. We made butterflies and lucky stars as I peeked at Natalie, making sure that she was fine and having fun. Gabriel is very cute indeed, he follows me wherever I go :)


Had lunch there, which was prepared by Jane's mother. Super yummy and delicious :) Sausages, nuggets, fried rice, tomato sauce cooked with fishball and potatoes, cold sweet syrup jelly and barley!! I super love yummy kiddy food!! :D haha

Danced the "Wash Hand" dance which requires mask and sanitizer :D Funny, entertaining and educational is how I would describe it.


Dettol Sanitizer :D


Us on the way back to IMU :)


Had an amazing time yesterday. Despite feeling tired, the trip was really worthwhile. The children there came from different backgrounds. Most of them are not orphans, but have problems with their families. According to Uncle, many of their parents are drug addicts, alcoholic or in prison, with nobody to care for them. Uncle and a group of people would go out at night to find these children and bring them back to the Home, where they are provided with adequate food, shelter and love. In a way, the Precious Children Home is more of a shelter instead of an orphanage.


With that said, I feel grateful to IMU for providing this opportunity, and to Kenneth and the commitees for choosing this particular Home. I hope to see Gabriel one day as a Doctor! :D ( He told me his ambition, and wrote it at the back of the lucky star :D )

hugs and kisses

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers